At Panumart Tattoo we provide you with the best tools to keep yourself safe while maintaining the beauty of your new tattoo.
“Second-skin” tattoo wrap
In our tattoo studio we utilize “second skin” technology, to protect your tattoo. This special plastic wrap is used to protect and help heal your new ink in the days following your tattoo. Second skins are
This medical grade plastic wrap protects your new tattoo from clothes rubbing against it. The second skin also provides a WATERPROOF, ANTIBACTERIAL-BARRIER that stops pathogens and external contaminants from entering the wound. It is BREATHABLE, allowing oxygen to enter and allowing excess moisture to be released from the wound. It’s light to wear, FLEXIBLE and stretchable which allows it to be placed anywhere on the body and stay on,up to several days.
After about a week of wearing the second skin (applying a fresh wrap as instructed), the skin heals quickly and with no scabbing at all.
You’ll find the second skin to be hardly noticeable, allowing you to move around freely.
Tattoo Goo Aftercare Lotion
After your tattoo has healed with the second skin, your real skin will still be dry, itchy and tight. To speed up the healing process and to alleviate the discomfort, there is no better option than Tattoo Goo Lotion.
This vegan-friendly product is hypoallergenic. Unlike many other lotions used on tattoos, this product is unlikely to give any adverse reactions.
Whether if it’s your aftercare or your tattoo, at Panumart Tattoo we always do right by you in an effort to be the best Chiang Mai tattoo shop.
- A tattoo is essentially an open wound, so treat it as such. Don’t touch it with dirty fingers or clothing. Keep it clean!
- No baths or swimming for 7 days.
- Avoid sun burns. In fact, do your best to keep it out of direct sun-light for 7 days.
- Avoid excess sweating and exercise for the first 7 days.
- Do not scratch or pick at your tattoo. This should not be a problem the first week, as you’ll be wearing the second skin, but for the 3 weeks afterwards do not mess with the dry skin. Light slaps/patting helps with the itchiness, though.
- More than likely you will leave our tattoo shop wearing a second skin. You will keep this wrap on 24 to 48 hours. The two determining factors of whether you should take it off early are if (a) it is already peeling off and exposing tattooed skin and (b) if excess fluid has built up underneath. Some fluid will naturally pool as plasma and some ink ooze from your fresh tattoo.
- If you see a lot of ink under your second-skin do not worry. This is normal. But your tattoo is ready for a new application of second-skin.
- To remove the second-skin go in the shower and run warm, not hot water over the wrap for a few minutes. This will soften the glue. Then peel the wrap away slowly. *Make sure to wash your hands with soap before doing this.
- Next do not shoot water directly at your tattoo. Instead let it hit above the tattoo and run down until the skin feels normal and free of blood plasma.
- Do not use soap to clean your tattoo, as some soaps have ingredients that will adversely affect your new tattoo.
- When you exit the shower, dry your tattoo by PATTING it down with something very clean. We recommend a freshly opened roll of paper towels. Do not rub the tattoo dry. And do not use something potentially dirty to dry it, as that could cause infection.
- Then reapply a new second-skin.
- *Note that while the second-skin is breathable, its evaporation rate is not magically fast. So do not get yourself in a situation where you are sweating so much, creating a pool of hot water under the wrap.
Aftercare Lotion Instructions
From the start of week two until the end of the first month apply your Tattoo Goo Lotion 2-3 times a day. Apply when the skin is especially dry. And avoid making the skin overly moist.
If you have any questions about your healing process, feel free to message us. Just click here: www.m.me/panumart.tattoo