Frequently Asked Questions
Yes we do.
Yes, all needles are still in their sterilized packaging when we open them for your tattoo. At Panumart Tattoo your safety and the safety of our artists are our primary concerns.
You can read more about how we keep things safe here: tattoo safety
At Panumart Tattoo Chiang Mai we believe in providing you with the best, safest tattoo possible. We cut no corners in anything you do, tattoo inks included. We se only name-brand inks, made with high-quality ingredients, made in the United States and England. Inks are sterilized, rich in color and long-lasting. We never re-use inks, as that would be a terrible thing to do.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our artists, we had two medical professionals come into our shop and create a hygienic practice protocol. Here you can read about our hygienic tattooing process .
- At Panumart Tattoo the price of a tattoo is determined by its design. We do not charge by the hour.
- The minimum price for a tattoo is 1,500 baht.
No matter your budget, we believe we can provide you with a great tattoo. If the design you provide us is too expensive for your budget, we will be happy to offer great alternatives. And for custom designs we are happy to work within a budget that you provide.
- The price of a tattoo goes up depending on its size, detail, the position on your body and whether it has shading and/or color.
- Custom tattoos are more expensive. And conversely tattoos in which you provide the artwork are cheaper.
Appointments can be booked ahead of time if you contact us on one of our channels or come into the shop. The easiest way is to message us on our Panumart Tattoo Facebook page.
In our discussions we will first work to understand what kind of tattoo you’re interested in and when you’d like to get it. We then make sure that on that date we have an artist available who matches your style – something we find very important, as giving you a great tattoo is more important that earning some extra money.
Once that is squared away we provide you with a rough estimate for the cost of the tattoo.
When everything is agreed upon we request a deposit in order to book your tattoo and, if applicable, to pay our artists for creating your design.
The deposit is not an additional fee – it goes towards the price of your tattoo. But if you cancel your appointment then the fee is non-refundable.
The deposit can be paid with a credit card online, deposited in person, or deposited at a bank within Thailand.
We accept walk-ins and last minute bookings, but generally speaking we recommend booking at least a week ahead of schedule. If you have a specific artist in mind or need custom work, the earlier the better.
Yes we do. We use PayPal to process the credit card, which charges a 4.5% surcharge.
Yes, tattoos hurt to varying degrees, but fuck it. You’ve got to suffer in life to improve yourself. Only one moment of pain for a life-time of body art.
- The location on the body plays a big part, as some parts of the body hurt more than others. Although the body parts are not universally the same for everyone.
- Some designs are more painful than others. Each time the needles of the tattoo machine pierce the skin, they are obviously inflicting damage. Line-work is on the less painful end of the spectrum, as these designs only need one round of work to be completed. On the more painful end of the spectrum are designs that have line-work, shading and colors. With each successive wave of the design, the skin is taking more damage.
- Bigger tattoos can be more painful. Generally speaking, the more stress your body takes from the pain of the tattoo, the less able it is to handle added stress. With that the tattoo gets more painful.
- Sleep. Get a good night’s sleep before your session and it should hurt less.
- The YOU factor. Some people are better able to suppress the pain of tattooing. Some customers even fall asleep during their session.
Want to tattoo with us?
Or talk about a tattoo you’re interested in?
Let’s talk via your preferred method below:
*Facebook is the best though 😎